If a bishop, priest or deacon is convicted of a criminal offence against children and is sentenced to serve a term of imprisonment of 12 months or more, then it would normally be right to initiate the process of laicisation. Failure to do so would need to be justified. Initiation of the process of laicisation may also be appropriate in other circumstances.
(Nolan, 2001, 3.5.32, p44).

Search This Blog

Monday, April 12, 2010

Unanswered e-mail to Bishop Terence Brain of Salford 21 March 2009

Subject: Lenten pastoral letter
Date: Sun, 01 Mar 2009 11:56:33 +0000
From: Philip Gilligan
To: bishop@wardleyhall.org.uk


18 Dean Head
Todmorden Road
Littleborough
OL15 9LZ

1 March 2009

Dear Bishop Brain,

I write to thank you for your Lenten pastoral letter, which my parish priest, Fr. Nearey, read out to us at mass, this morning.

Doing so, reminds me that I have not yet received any replies to the letters and e-mails which I sent to you on 1st, 8th and 15th January 2009. Moreover, I note that I have never received replies from you to the six letters / e-mails sent to you over a 12 month period in 2007 / 2008 ( 28th September, 16th October, 20th November and 20th December 2007; 28th May and 1st October 2008).

I still look forward to reading your comments on the very serious, and, in several instances ongoing, matters which I have endeavoured to raise with you. I should, of course, be pleased to supply you with further copies of any of my previous letters or e-mails should you, now, be unable to find any amongst your correspondence.

Yours sincerely,

Philip Gilligan

No comments: